SPECIALS FOR COUPLES
IN-HOME COOKING SERVICES
CHINESE FILIPINO MIX
Served with steamed white rice
Seared Rib Eye With Garlic Soy Sauce
Chicken Lo Mein
KOREAN FILIPINO MIX
Served with steamed white rice
Braised Pork w. Green Peas
Fried Tilapia w. Kim Chi Sauce
THANKSGIVING SPECIAL DINNERS FOR TWO
Tomato & Bacon Salad
Roasted Turkey Breast w. Gravy
Stir Fried Soy Honey Pork
Mashed Potatoes & Stuffing
Chocolate Chip Cookies
*PRICES START AT $125.00 AND UP, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Prices include shopping, ingredients, travel, prepping, cooking, serving and clean up. Extra charges will apply towards other requested service.
Welcome my friends, Chef Ron here to let you know that I’m in business specializing in Asian American Comfort foods, that encompasses the foods I grew up with such as Filipino, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Hawaiian/Pacific, American and a few others I’ve learned along the way in life so far.
Coming from a family of cooks and professional chefs and restaurant owners, I’ve learned a lot and continue to grow. I am also a cable access cooking show producer from Maui and worked with many chefs from Maui, and I also blog on my thoughts on food (www.chefsambrano.blogspot.com).
So if you hire me, what would the menu look like? For one thing, I do wok cooking, and one pot cooking, so the foods are totally comfort foods, and if you hire me to cook in your home, then it has to be comforting, if you want a 5 Star Classically trained chef then I’m not him, however if you want excellent Asian American Comfort Foods, I can do the job. Like I said I do wok cooking, so basically I’ll show up with minimum equipment, possibly a wok with a steamer and lid, and a stock pot, cutting boards, mixing bowls, knives, and if you need plates and tableware I can supply that too for a small extra charge.
First you need to contact me in what foods you want, and how many people. I like to specialize in cooking for couples, and not very large groups, so contact me and let me know what you want.
– I do the shopping (you will have to pay for the items, I’ll add this into the fees).
– I do the prepping, cooking, serving, and clean up.
Breakfast, Lunch, Dinners, Special Luncheons, Dim Sum Nights (Ladies)
Cooking and storing for weekly meals (frozen)
Shopping (in the event you are a foodie or home chef, I can get what you need because I understand exactly what cooks and chefs need)
Cooking for kids birthdays (This entails stir frying Asian American Foods)
Cooking for anniversaries, special promotions
Introduction Cooking Lessons For Home Cooks
So that’s the services I do offer, simple, with execution to please you and your diners.
Salads (Remember in Asian style dining at home, a large platter of food is to be shared, so the salads as well will be to share, the salads can be light, or a meal also. The meal style salads will be written in blue.)
Toss Green Salad
Watercress & Tomatoes
Bacon & Tomatoes
Kale w/ Onions
Cucumber in Vinegar Garlic & Ginger
Fish Salad with stir fried veggies w. oyster mayonnaise
Beef Salad, stir fried beef over cool veggies, lettuce, onions, tomatoes, mushrooms with an Asian vinaigrette
Chicken Salad, stir fried chicken over cool veggies, lettuce or kale, onions, carrots with sweet fish sauce dressing
Pork Salad, stir fried pork over cool veggies, lettuce, onions, radish with sweet chili mayonnaise
Finger Foods & Appetizers
Chicken Fingers (Chicken breast strips, Asian marinated, panko crusted and wok fried golden) served with sesame mayonnaise.
Won Tons (Pork, Beef, or Shrimp) steamed or fried
Korean Mandu (Pork) steamed or fried
Sausage Platter, Longanisa or Linguisa sliced and wok seared with round onions
Ground Pork Pancake, Wok cooked ground pork pancakes
Crab Cakes w. Sweet Chili Mayonnaise
Egg Rolls w. Shrimp or Pork and Sweet Chili Sauce
Miso with choice of fish, chicken (fresh made dashi stock)
Egg Drop Soup, fresh seafood stock Chinese style, with fresh beaten eggs drizzled in the hot broth
Manila Onion Soup, (Not French onion, almost, but seasoned with vinegar and garlic, with a dash of patis(fish sauce) yes, served with toasted bread with real butter
Kimchi Soup, Veggie broth home made, with Napa cabbage and spicy Korean seasonings, great for starter soup to settle your growling stomach before I heat up the wok!
All meals are served with white rice that’s steamed cooked, with hot green tea.
– Kung Pao Chicken, Marinated chicken breast cubes, in sesames, soy sauce and sherry wine, coated and stir fried, with a spicy blend of chilies, ginger, garlic, and a savory sauce topped with peanuts and scallions.
– Orange Chicken, Seasoned chicken thighs, and panko coated, fried crisp, topped with an orange sauce from juices of fresh oranges.
– Lemon Chicken, Seasoned chicken thighs, and panko coated, fried crisp, topped with a lemon sauce from juices of fresh lemons.
– Spicy Chicken with Cabbage and Shitake, Seasoned chicken breast cubes, marinated in oyster sauce and spices, coated, stir fried to perfection, in concert with a spicy chicken gravy that’s also a tad sweet. Then stir fried Chinese cabbage and Shitake mushrooms are layered right over it. Perfect!
– Roasted Chicken, Whole chicken layered with garlic, ginger, lemongrass, sweet soy sauce. Perfect for 2 or 4 with some leftovers. A quick marinade, with continued basting of sauce, when done roasting, the sauce is thickened for you to spoon over every bite. In Hawaiian we say “ONO!”
– Chinese Style Roasted Duck Breast, Seasoned with Chinese Spices, pan seared and finished in the oven, with bell peppers, onions & Shitake mushrooms.
– Chicken Adobo, Filipino/Spanish style, hints of soy sauce, vinegar, bay leaf, garlic, and slow cooked tender au sec. Great for 2 to 6 people, I like to use chicken thighs for this, though you may prefer mini drum sticks.
– Chicken Long Rice, If you want exotica, this is it because I’ll hit this up with fish sauce, ginger, garlic, chives, this dish is rather soupy, once the chicken is cooked, I’ll add in some long rice noodles with a generous sprinkle of black pepper, this is the bomb dish that you’ll find in many a Hawaiian’s back yard party.
– Chicken Chow Mein or Chow Fun, Seasoned pieces of chicken, stir fried with onions, celery, carrots, garlic, ginger, soy sauce sesame sauce, oyster sauce, and stirred in with either egg noodles, or the wide wheat chow fun noodles.
-Pancit, This is the Filipino chow mein, I use bits of chicken, pork, with shrimp, chives, garlic, annato seed water, fish sauce, hitting with boiling chicken broth, and pancit noodles and long rice noodles.
– Chicken Lo Mein, I learned this from my mom, it’s Chinese in nature, however she used angle hair pasta because she said the thin strands made it look good, I do agree. Chicken is simmered in the wok with spices, cabbage, carrots, onions, with a chicken gravy, hints of ginger, garlic, oyster sauce, soy sauce, sherry wine, sesame oil.
– Deep Fried Chicken Teriyaki, Chicken thighs seasoned and coated with flour and cornstarch, deep wok fried, with home made teriyaki sauce.
– Shoyu Chicken, Sweet Soy Sauce Chicken braised.
– Chicken Katsu, Panko breaded chicken thighs boneless, golden wok fried, served with katsu sauce.
– Chicken Curry Katsu, Just think chicken katsu topped with a coconut curry dressing, with stir fried onions.
– Chicken Papaya Soup, A quick wok cooked chicken with slices of green papayas, hints of garlic, ginger, bay leaf, and fish sauce.
– Schezuan Pork, Stir fried marinated pork, in a spicy sauce, hints of chili peppers, Schezuan peppers, soy sauce, sherry, roasted peanuts.
– Mushu Pork, Marinated pork slices, coated, stir fried with eggs, gravy, and served with Mandarin pancakes, if you like to eat fajitas at a Mexican restaurant with the tortillas, this Chinese style dish will satisfy.
– Pork w/ Black Bean Sauce & Veggies, Pork slices, stir fried in a black bean sauce with bell peppers, onions, and mushrooms.
– Pork w/ Shrimp Sauce, Marinated pork slices, stir fried with garlic and ginger, onions, mushrooms and salty shrimp sauce.
– Pork w/ Watercress Soup, Pork bellies and shoulder, with ginger, watercress, with fish sauce.
– Chinese Roasted Pork Loin, Marinated pork loin Chinese style, roasted juicy with onions.
– Stove Top Pork Lau Lau, Hawaiian style altered for the home. Pork Shoulder marinated in Hawaiian sea salt, liquid smoke, and steamed in greens, covered with foil until tender.
– Pork & Cabbage Soup, Filipino Style, tangy vinegar, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, peppers, onions, cabbage.
– Teriyaki Pork, Stir Fried pork loins sliced into bite size, and a fresh teriyaki sauce made in the wok.
– Pork Adobo, Filipino/Spanish influenced, braised pork shoulder in the wok until tender, a tangy dish, vinegar, garlic, bay leaf, pepper corns, anato seeds water, soy sauce.
– Tonkatsu, Breaded with panko flakes, pork cutlets wok fried golden with katsu sauce.
– Korean Style Stir Fried Pork, Bell pork, stir fried with ginger and garlic, with a spicy kochujang sauce, with Chinese Cabbage and onions.
– Beer Battered Pork w. Black Beans Sauce, Pork Cutlets, beer battered and golden wok fried, plated and topped with fresh wok made black bean sauce.
– Pork Tofu, Sweet soy sauce stir fried pork with firm tofu, with mushrooms, green onions, shredded carrots, long rice noodles.
– Sweet Sour Canton Pork, Breaded pork cubes, deep fried, and tossed in a sweet and sour sauce, with pineapples.
– Beef Broccoli, Thin sliced flank steaks, marinated in pepper, sherry and sesames, stir fried in ginger and garlic oil, with an oyster sesame sauce, tossed with par boiled broccoli.
– Mandarin Beef, Thin sliced flank steaks, marinated in soy and mirin ginger, stir fried in ginger and garlic oil with a sweet soy sesame sauce, with onions and Shitake mushrooms, and green onions.
– Korean Beef Stir Fry Kochujang, Thin sliced flank steaks, marinated in peppers and sesame oil, stir fried in garlic and ginger oil, with onions, Chinese cabbage, with a spicy kochujang sauce.
– Breaded Teriyaki Beef, Marinated teriyaki flank steak pieces, breaded with panko flakes, and wok fried golden.
– Vinegar Beef w. Onions, Marinated flank sliced medium size, marinated with sesames and sherry wine, stir fried in ginger and garlic oil, with soy sauce and vinegar, bay leaves, onions, bell peppers.
– Beef and Cabbage Soup, Beef bones, chuck cuts, seasoned with peppers, vinegar, fish sauce, cabbage and onions.
– Wok Seared Rib Eye, Rib Eye steak sliced into small sections, and quickly seared in hot wok, topped with wok fried Shitake mushrooms in a rice wine soy sauce with ginger and green onions.
– Beef Tomato, Wok braised chuck beef cuts, with onions and tomatoes, soy and sesame sauce, hints of ginger and garlic, and sweet mirin.
– Meat Ball Soup, Ground beef meat balls, wok seared to hold form, and tossed in a beef soup with cabbage, potatoes and carrots.
– Ginger Beef, Thin sliced flank steak, stir fried in ginger oil with onions and peas, with oyster sauce and topped with fresh grated ginger.
– Beef w. Shitake Mushrooms w. Shrimp Sauce, Thin sliced flank steak, marinated in sherry and peppers and soy sauce, stir fried in garlic and chili pepper oil, with shrimp paste, tossed with Shitake mushrooms.
– Beef Omelet, Ground beef, onions, peppers, Shitake mushrooms, oyster sauce, ginger, garlic, green onions, large eggs.
– Beef Stew, Wok stewed beef brisket, with tomatoes, potatoes, carrots, celery, bay leaf, vinegar, salt, pepper, honey, soy sauce.
– Oxtail Soup, Pressure cooked to soften oxtails, and then made into a soup in the wok, hints of vinegar, soy sauce, oyster sauce, green onions, ginger fresh grated. (If a larger group, a larger pot may need to be used, for 2-6 a wok can do this).
– Kalbi Style Stir Fry Short Ribs, Beef short ribs, sliced thin, and stir fried in ginger and garlic oil, with green onions, and a sweet kalbi sauce.
– Beef Chow Fun or Chow mein, Thin sliced beef flank steaks, marinated in sesames and soy sauce, stir fried in ginger garlic oil, with onions, carrots, celery, with a sweet soy sauce and cooked chow fun or chow mein noodles.
– Beef w. Black Beans, Thin sliced beef flank steaks, marinated in soy and wine, stir fried in ginger and garlic oil, with oyster sauce and black beans, with veggies.
– Beef Shrimp Rolls, Thin sliced of beef is used as a wrapper, inside is seasoned chopped shrimp with herbs, mayonnaise and bread crumbs, green onions, soy and oyster sauce, rolled up and tied with thread, and dusted with cornstarch, and wok fried brown. When serving, the thread is cut, and served with a simple soy and vinegar dip.
Fish & Seafood
– Steamed Whole Fish (1 1/2 to 2 pound whole snapper) Steamed in wok with herbs and spices, and drizzled with hot sesame and soy sauce oil, garlic, ginger, scallions.
– Mahi Stir Fry w. Veggies and Black Bean Sauce, Mahi cubes, seasoned and stir fried in ginger oil with veggies and tossed in a black bean sauce.
– Steamed Lobster Tails with Black Bean Sauce Butter, Steamed whole lobster tails, served with ramekins of black bean sauce butter.
– Stir Fried Crab Legs with Black Bean Sauce, Crab legs, stir fried in ginger oil, with onions, and black bean sauce.
– Scallops with Black Bean Sauce, Scallop meat seasoned and stir fried in ginger chili oil, with black bean sauce.
– Seafood Lo Mein, Scallop, Fish, Shrimp, stir fried in ginger, with Chinese cabbage, onions, green onions, with chicken broth gravy and oyster sauce, hints of sesame and soy sauce, with angle hair pasta.
– Seafood Chow Fun or Chow Mein, Stir fried Shrimp, Fish, in ginger oil, with onions, carrots, celery, and cooked chow fun or chow mein noodles.
– Crab Won Ton Soup, Crab filled won tons, cooked in a seafood broth with onions, oyster sauce sesame oil, soy sauce, Chinese Cabbage.
– Wok Seared Tuna (Ahi), Half cooked Ahi filets in ginger oil, with sweet sour sauce, and Shitake mushrooms.
– Wok Miso Ahi, Half cooked seared Ahi filets, with a wok style shiro miso sauce. Shiro in Japanese is white.
– Cod Stir Fried with Shitake Mushrooms and Green Onions, Cod wok fried in ginger and garlic oil, with dashi gravy and Shitake and green onions.
– Snapper Filets with Almonds, Snapper filets, wok fried in ginger oil, soy sauce, oyster sauce, green onions, tossed with roasted almonds and furikake.
– Wok Seared Salmon Steaks, Salmon steaks, wok seared with garlic and ginger oil, topped with a home made garlic aioli with hints of sesame and fish sauce.
– Clams in Black Bean Sauce, Wok steamed clams in black bean sauce, garlic, ginger, bay leaf, lemon grass, lemons, and served with Mandarin pancakes to dip in sauce.
– Panko Coated Snapper Filets, Coated snapper filets, wok fried in ginger oil, served with Asian tartar sauce.
– Kimchi Mahi Stir Fry, Mahi cubed, seasoned and stir fried in ginger oil, and tossed in a kimchi sauce, mild or spicy, with Chinese Cabbage.
– Manila Fried Whole Fish, 1 1/2 to 2 lb. snapper whole, deep fried in ginger oil in wok, topped with a hot vinegar and soy sauce marinade.
– Almond Cookies
– Fudge Brownies w. Hot Chocolate Sauce
– Doriyaki is a Japanese style pancake with a sweet adzuki bean filling
– Pineapple Pound Cake, pound cake topped with simmered pineapples in brown sugar with nuts.
– Eggs Benedict, Poached eggs on English muffins, with any type of meat you want to request, besides Canadian bacon, try crisp apple wood smoked bacon, hamburger patties, salmon, topped with Hollandaise sauce. Served with roasted herbed potatoes.
– 3 Egg Omelets, Your choice of meat, ham, sausage, steaks, chicken, fish, peppers, onions, bell peppers, choice of cheeses, mozzarella, cheddar. Served with roasted herbed potatoes.
– Egg whites, If you want to eat healthy, I can make egg whites into anything you want, omelets, or just plain with a topping of stir fried veggies.
– Biscuits & Gravy, Pork sausage gravy, with onions, mushrooms, and fresh baked biscuits.
– Mock Scrambled Eggs, This is actually firm crumbled organic tofu, mixed with sour cream, Vegenaise, onions, scallions, herbs and spices, turmeric powder makes it yellow. No cholesterol, no animal fats, the sour cream is vegan and the Vegenaise is all vegan mayonnaise.
– Pancakes all Buttermilk add nuts and fruits if you like, quality jams and syrups.
– French Toast, sweet creamy dipped French Bread, or try Hawaiian Sweet Bread if we can get it, totally delicious.
– Fruit Bowls too.
Contact me for costs of your personal dinner,
Copyright 2013 ©